June 28, 2021 - August 8, 2022
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Mr. Richard W. Barnes, P. Eng.
Mr. Richard W. Barnes is the Principle Engineer at ANRIC Enterprises Inc. and has been actively involved for over 30 years in the development of the ASME and CSA Codes and Standards associated with Pressure Boundary for both nuclear and non-nuclear power plants. Mr. Barnes leads the team at ANRIC Enterprises Inc that offers technical assistance for companies registering Pressure Boundary products, and provides expert consultation on the application of the various pressure boundary codes. The ANRIC team also develops and delivers training on both the CSA and ASME Codes and Standards for delivery on-site at the ANRIC Learning Centre and off-site at the clients’ premises. Mr. Barnes sits on various code committees responsible for the development of Codes and Standards. He is the...
- Past- chair and member of the ASME Standard Committee of the BPV III, which is responsible for the development of Section III of the ASME BPV Code;
- past Vice-Chair and member of N285A Technical Committee on CANDU Nuclear Power Plant Systems and Components
- member of the B51Technical Committee on Boilers and Pressure Vessels
- member of N286 Technical Committee on Overall Quality Assurance for Nuclear Power Plants of the CSA Standards Committee
- member of ASME B16 Standards Committee of Standardization of Valves, Flanges, Fittings and Gaskets
- member of the Subcommittee responsible for development of the B16:34 Standard .
- ASME Dedicated Service Award and the highest ASME Nuclear award
- the Bernard F. Langer Nuclear Codes and Standards Award in recognition for his contributions to the nuclear industry.
Dr. Amarjit Banwatt
Dr. Amarjit Banwatt has been actively involved for over 35 years in the stress analysis field and the use of ASME Codes and CSA Standards. He has been involved for the past 10 years in the development of the CSA N285.0 Standard as member of the Technical Committee. He has worked at AECL to prepare registration documents for Pressure Boundary components. Dr. Banwatt is a recognized stress analyst and Codes expert; he is consulted by many groups for Code clarifications. Dr. Banwatt is the past president of the Canadian Society for Mechanical Engineering and past member of NSERC Grants Selection Committee, Ottawa. He is a fellow of the Canadian Society for Mechanical Engineering and the Engineering Institute of Canada.